Monday, March 25, 2013

That's A Wrap!

Today is closing day. Yes, that's right, another offer came on our home one week after the previous contract fell through. So, this past weekend Josh and I with the assistance of some good friends packed up what was left in our house and put it in a storage unit. It's a very bitter/sweet feeling. I'm so glad to finally be moving but part of me feels like I am leaving behind an old friend. God has been so faithful to answer our prayers but it doesn't mean it's going to be easy. 

Last night after Holt was in bed I went over to the house to get the final load of our worldly possessions, and  walked through the empty house to make sure we hadn't missed anything.  After going through every closet, cabinet and drawer I turned around to look at the house one final time and choked back tears as I looked over the empty living room. It's hard letting go and moving on. As memories started flooding back, I smiled and walked out the front door for the last time. I pray that the next owners of this house are blessed abundantly more then we were while living there. 

I drove away from the house and down the road with the last little bit of our stuff I heard a song that was so appropriate for our journey ahead. If I were in a movie this would be the music playing in the background. The lyrics say this....

Hold on, to me as we goAs we roll down this unfamiliar roadAnd although this wave is stringing us alongJust know you’re not aloneCause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clearDon't pay no mind to the demonsThey fill you with fearThe trouble it might drag you downIf you get lost, you can always be foundJust know you’re not aloneCause I’m going to make this place your home


This song was so what I needed to hear as I drove away from the house that I love. I began to realize that home turned back into a house. It was just walls and a roof after all our stuff had been moved out. And now, well I have such a unique opportunity to make our new house a home. A home filled with love and laughter. A place where Holt can rest and feel safe, while his heart continues to recover and grow stronger.  A shelter from the world around us. You see I am learning a house only becomes what you make of it. Until you make it a home, it's just a house. 

So my prayer for this new house as it becomes our home is this:  
"That  dear Jesus, You would invade all You see of us
and any man, who'd walk Your road is welcomed here. Oh Jesus, come and walk the halls of this houseTread this place and turn it inside out with Your mercy...Jesus, teach us the prayers that open these doorsUntil Your light floods in and illuminates these floorsAnd let Your truth be on our steps and in these roomsso our walls will be filled with Your praises.
Jesus invade... "


I long for our house to be a place of peace, where Jesus is evident in every room. That we would be different and a light for the darken world around us. I am excited to move on and create new memories under a new roof in a new city. No, the road head won't be easy but I know it will be worth it. I told Josh when we were deciding if he should take this new job or not that when I said "I Do" the day we were married it meant "I will". I will go where ever he goes and will stand beside him as he chases his dreams and I will be his biggest cheerleader as his dreams become reality. And no matter where our house is, it will always be home with him, me and our precious son Holt. 

So here's to our new house, Lord Jesus invade and make it a home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment