Saturday, July 7, 2012

Well my friends, the Lord has been faithful again. We have made it to the end of the week, which is 38 weeks of pregnancy. All of my doctors are so pleased that we are at this point. The scans last week were great. Both Echo's look the same as the one done the week before. Friday I had my final sonogram on Friday and Dr. Weiss said that the fluid around his heart that we were concerned about is gone! Thank you Jesus! Holt is a very active kiddo weighing in at 7 pounds 3 ounces and has long legs, which he loves to stretch out on my side and under my rib cage. Oh the joys of running out of room!
This weekend  comes with some bitter/ sweet feelings. Last night we started packing up my room. I never thought I would be so emotional about the thought of being able to leave the hospital but I feel like this place has become my home for the last 8 weeks. Everyday I've had to say good bye to a nurse and some of the doctors that have taken such great care of me. I knew this was only a temporary thing but the wonderful staff here made my stay as enjoyable as possible and I'll just say it. I'm gonna miss this place when we're gone. I'm sure you're thinking that's just crazy talk, but it's weird, 8 weeks is a long time to be anywhere and I finally got a routine down and I feel like it's changing all over again. I know we'll find another route when we get stable in the NICU. But change is just hard. It was hard to adjust to being here, it'll be hard to adjust to the NICU and I know it'll be another adjustment once we get to go to our real home in Tyler.

The other bitter/sweet part to this journey is that we get to finally meet our son, but I know what he is going to have to go through and I have a hard time knowing and knowing there is nothing I can do to make it better. I know it's an early lesson in parenting. I relate very well to music. When I don't have words to express how I feel i can usually find a song that knows exactly what I feel. I have two to share with you. The first is a song from Third Day called " When the Rain Comes"  and it says

It will be alright
No one loves you like I do


I can't stop the rain from falling down on you again
I can't stop the rain, but I will hold you,
I can't stop the rain from falling down on you again
I can't stop the rain, but i will hold you till it goes away

I don't know of a better way to say that to my baby, I can't stop the rain but I can hold him and sit next to him in this storm. I know this is just one of many "storms" in this kiddo's life and isn't that what parents are for? The greatest example we have is our Heavenly Father, he calms the storms, he walked on water and with one word calms our storms.

A good friend of mine shared a song with me by Matt Redman and I feel like it's such a perfect way to end this journey and begin our next journey. It's called "Never Once" and this is the cry and thanksgiving of my heart. It says it in such a perfect way.

Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we've come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us
 
Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You've done
Knowing every victory
Is Your power in us
 
Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say
 
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we'll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
 
 
 
Oh how faithful our God is, yesterday, today and forever! That is and will forever be the cry of my heart and oh how sweet is it going to be to tell this story of God's faithfulness to our son someday.
Thank you for your prayers for our family and walking through this journey with us. I know we are far from through this but I know that we are going to be ok because we have never walked alone.
 
I am planning on having someone in my family update my blog as much as possible.
Right now my c-section is scheduled for  1:30 on Monday and from there we are just praying the Lord will sustain and hold Holt's heart to wait until Tuesday to have the heart cath.
We will keep you posted!
 
Thank you for your prayers!
 

1 comment:

  1. We are vigilant in our prayer for you and attached to my phone and computer waiting on every word of news. Thank you and your wonderful family for keeping us up to date. Grandma and I will come for a visit as soon as it's feasible for everyone. We love you lots! - Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete