Monday, July 2, 2012

D- Day

We have been on an emotional roller coaster to say the least the past couple of days, waiting to see if we were going to meet sweet Holt this week or not. I am happy to say we have one more week. Of course it comes with bitter/sweet feelings. Yes, I am glad that we can wait one more week to allow Holt to get a little bigger, but on the other hand I was hoping that I didn't have another week of waiting. But again I am reminded... It' s just not about me!

So all that to say this afternoon we had an echo and the cardiologist came after reading it. They told us that yes, they see a little bit of fluid build up around the heart but it is not enough to concern them at this time and there has been no change from the echo from last Wednesday.  Which is very good news and they are still pleased with what they are seeing.  What does that mean for this week?  We will be very heavily monitored all week. I have a sonogram tomorrow morning, an Echo again on Thursday and finally a sonogram again on Friday and I will still be hooked on the heart monitor 3 times a day.  If they see significant changes with any of these monitoring then they will put delivery back on the table. 

For now the scheduled c-section date is Monday the 9th. I was told they will put me as top priority that morning over all the other c-sections due to our situation. I do have to say I am relieved to have a set date and this whole "maybe today" out of mind. It will help me rest easy.  

I will update with anything new if it happens, but for now I am enjoying my last week before our lives change yet again. In a good way of course!

Please pray for wisdom for the doctors as they are watching his heart. Pray that we can make it through this week to allow more growth and pray for a peace of mind for me and Josh as we trust these doctors with the guidance they are giving us for the best treatment for our sweet Holt. 


Thank you for your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment