Friday, June 29, 2012

Eventful Morning

We have had an eventful morning already today to say the least! This morning I thought it was "business as usual", I got up walked down the hall for the sonogram. It started as normal. Dr. Weiss and I were conversing about the date they have set for my delivery (which was/is July 9th) and he started the sonogram. He stopped a little longer at Holt's heart and said "humm" Which if you have been in my shoes "humm" is never a good thing. It's enough to make you hold your breath until the thoughts come out of the doctor's mouth. He said that he is seeing a little more fluid build up around the heart then he did on Tuesday. Of course, I knew what that ment because I have been told that as soon as they see the smallest trace of fluid build up it's delivery time. He measured it and said that the fluid has been 2 mm and today it's measuring 5 mm.  He quickly scanned over the rest of the body and told me he was going to  talk with Dr. Thomas (cardiologist) about this and we might be delivering today.  Not what I was expecting at all! And of all times for this to happen it had to be on the one weekend when Josh decided to stay at home last night and come later this morning.

So off down the hall I went, while talking I passed the nurse station and my sweet nurse got the short version of what was going on and walked with me to my room. I was told not to eat or drink anything until we know more (which is one of the worst things you can say to a pregnant gal!) I was hooked up to the monitor and with in 1 minute of being back in my room, the on call OB was standing at the end of my bed. She started to tell me what today would look like if we had to deliver. She said she would come back as soon as she knew anything and let me know where we go from here. About 20 minutes later Dr. Rogers was back in the room and said that we aren't delivering today. She said that the cardiologist were not shocked by this news at all. Which was a weird relief to hear. She said that they are going to come and talk to me this afternoon  and do an Echo on Monday to reasses. She then proceeded to tell me that there has been some change from the sono on Tuesday and Echo on Wednsday but they don't see enough stress on Holt to devliver him just yet. Of course this could change at any minute. They are placing me on the monitors 3 times a day for the weekend instead of my normal 2 times.  Dr. Rogers said they are going to watch the patterns of the heart and if they see a change in his normal patter then they will do a sonogram and delivery could possibly be back on the table again. But for now we just sit and enjoy the weekend.
I am excited about my shower this afternoon, but have decided that maybe showers aren't the best thing for me to plan. Every shower we have had planned some event happens that threatens the postponing of it. But not today! We are going to enjoy the afternoon! I can't wait! It will be such a nice break from reality, especially after such an eventful day like today. 
I'm sure you're thinking where do we go from here... well my friend we are in the "waiting" period again. We could delivery on Monday, next week sometime or Lord willing we might just actually get to the scheduled date of  Monday July 9th. I will try to do my best to either update my blog or facebook with what going on. The good news is I am 37 weeks which they consider full term and he weighs over 6 pounds now. So if we had to deliver this weekend or next week, of course it would not be ideal but we are in the "safe zone" and the doctors are very pleased that we have gotten to this point to allow him to grow!

Through this whole situation I have come to expect the unexpected. You really never know what tomorrow hold! I am just glad that we serve a God who holds our tomorrows in his hands, and "shocked" or "unexpected" are not in his vocabulary. It helps me face all our tomorrows with confidence!

I want to end my post today with a reminder that a dear and wonderful friend encouraged me with today.

"Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Phil. 4:13

It's a verse that is so often quoted but it's the Message version and I just love it.- I can make it through ANYTHING in the One who makes me who I am. What a great reminder for my todays! The one who makes me who I am is walking with us through this all.
Please be in pray for our future- we might be meeting our son sooner then anticipated. We will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment