Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Exhale.

Today has been a pretty quiet day. There is not a lot to update. Holt's heart still sounds beautiful on the monitor and the visits with the cardiologist are more positive. Which is nice because I feel like it can exhale a little more every time he comes to visit. We still have a very serious condition but have been hearing words like "very common" and "treatable" or "we see this all the time."  I'd take "treatable" over "rarely see" or "very uncommon" any day of the week.
Now that they have more information and have "gotten to know" Holt they feel like we can put the breaks on and switch gears from maybe delievering anyday to keep him inside of me as long as we can.

Thank you for your prayers. I truly believe that our status change is because God has shown mercy on our family and is answering prayers.

We still don't have a treatment plan but I'm pretty confident that we will know more by the end of the week. I have come to understand that one of reasons why they are not saying exactly what they are wanting to do is because they won't know the extent of the damage (if any) that this has done on the left ventricle until after he is born. If there is extensive damage then that takes us on a whole different treatment plan. But for now were are just focusing on what we know about the AS. Dr. Verma (one of the cardiologist) told us today that tomorrow our case will be presented at "fetal board" which is meeting where all the cardio docs, OB, neonatal docs, surgeons and a couple of other doctors (the list they told us of all the doctors was about a mile long) will meet and discuss the best options for Holt.
I must say I feel so confident in the care that we are getting here. I have never been in a place where every person that walks in the door is so friendly and caring. We have enjoyed our stay (as much as you possibly can in a hospital). I am taking advantage of this time I have here, because I know that before long I will not have an oppertunity to take a nap whenever I want or have my floor swept or bed made whenever I ask.... so I am soaking up the "pampering".
My husband Josh left on Monday night to go back to work, and I will say that has been a very hard thing for me. He is going to try and come up on the weekends but it doesn't make it any easier. My wonderful sister-in-law came up on Monday night and has been keeping me company for the next couple of days. I am blessed to have her here. It's nice to have another ear to listen to all the information and ask questions while I process.  My family has been so wonderful, they are all taking shifts to be up here with me. It's nice to have company.

Tomorrow is going to be another "busy" day for us. In the morning I have another echocardiogram and monitoring sonogram and then in the afternoon the cardiologists will be coming by to talk about what was discussed in the meeting and lastly at 4 o'clock the cardiothoracic surgeon is coming by for a consult.
So.... please pray for
1. wisdom for the doctors as they discuss our treatment options
2. the echo and sonograms would continue to be stable and there would be zero fluid build up around his heart or lungs so he doesn't have to be delieved early
3. for understanding as they give us the treatment options
4. pray that there is no damage to Holt's left ventricle
and lastly pray for Josh and myself as I have to relay the information to him and the decisions we have to make with such far distance between us.

Last night before I fell asleep my sister sent me a recording of my brother in law singing this song.
Though he doesn't know it he sang it over Holt last night (I held my phone to my stomach and we listened)

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging sea
You walk with me through fire
and heal all my disease
I trust in You
I trust in You

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus, You're all I need.

It still brings a tear to my eye because it is so true.  Jesus is our healer, He is all we need and He is more then enough for me.

What a blessing it is going to be to be able to teach my sweet boy this.
Thank you for your prayers!


6 comments:

  1. Praying for you,Josh and baby Holt. I'll see you tomorrow and we will take good notes while listening to the Drs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you guys! And I love the song "Healer" - it is definitely true. Psalm 118 is another one I cling to!

    ~Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Precious~ I just wanted to say a few things. 1) I miss you! 2) You are such a beautiful writer! 3) I read your blog daily to keep up 4) I immediately started praying for baby Holt the minute I heard and this is what I have been praying for: That your able to carry baby Holt to full term, that God heal this baby from the top of his head to the soles of his feet in the name of Jesus! and that the cells of his heart get in line with the word of God because by the stripes of Jesus he has been healed! and to God be the Glory! I also pray baby Holt lives a long, prosperous, successful, healthy life with no repercussions from this in his life. May he grow and be close to the Lord preaching his word and sharing his testimony to the world! Love you bunches! Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, thank you for sharing your situation. I just started reading your blog, and I will be lifting you, Josh, and baby Holt up in prayer. We serve a God who is bigger than all of this, so we will beseech Him to intervene for Holt. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren, I found your blog from your sweet sister-in-law Lindsey's blog. I am not sure if you remember me or not but my husband CJ and I were in your nearly/newlywed sunday school group at Green Acres when we lived in Tyler. We live here in the metroplex and I am a NICU nurse at Children's medical Center and have a lot of friends at the NICU at Medical City, where I actually delivered last year. I want you to know that I am praying for you and am sharing your story with my small group. God is a mighty Savior and Healer and what a blessing it is now and is going to be for your family to share Holt's story with others. If you need anything please let me know seriously, they aren't just empty words, my blog is HooversintheHeartland.blogspot.com. May the Glory of the Lord shine upon you today!

    ReplyDelete