Friday, May 18, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I have made it through my first week! I can't believe it's been one whole week. It feels like it's been a month since we first recieved our life changing news. Yesterday was a very busy day. It started with my lovely check in before 8:00, (and yes this happens every morning) by the nurse. I guess it's my early preparation for life with a baby, no more sleeping in for now. Next came another echocardiogram and we met another cardiologist who looked at the echo and confirmed what all the other cardiologists have been saying. The good news is that there hasn't been much change from Monday's echo. Everytime we meet with a cardiologist they reexplain what the diagnosis means, starting with the general function of the heart and then proceeds to talk about the aortic ventricle. I really appreciate that each time they come to talk with us they take the time to explain, give me time to process and ask quesitons. Almost everyday this week they have come to talk to me and answer every question I have. I feel very confident in the care Holt is already receiving. Our case was discussed at fetus board and I was told if there was any new information then the Nurse Practitioner would come back and let me know. So no news is good news. In between all of this I was placed on the heart monitors once in the morning and once at night. All this activity is enough to make a girl tired! I don't mind the revolving door becuase it makes the day go by faster. This morning I had my monitoring sonogram. We are still stable! There is zero fluid around his heart or lungs and the rest of his body is growing. Thank you Jesus! Before I left the sono, Dr. Weiss told me to get comfortable because they fully expect me to carry to full term or very close. That is sweet music to my heart. Today has been such a relaxing day. I went for a long walk outside which was so good for me. It's nice to be outside and get some sunshine and when I got back my sweet husband came here for the weekend. It was so great to see him again. It has been an adjustment going from seeing each other everyday to seeing each other on the weekends. I don't know if I will ever get use to that! He brought me some more clothes and other things to make my room feel like "home". I have done a few things to put my touch on the room. I will try and post pictures tomorrow to give you a peek into my world for the next 8ish weeks. Monday I am going to meet with a cardiothoracic surgeon and hopefully we will have a better understanding of the game plan if you will for Holt once he is born. Also on Monday our case will be discussed at the general surgery board. I will give an update on that after I know more. Thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement. I know the road from here is only going to get rockier before it smooths out. Please pray for rest for me and Josh. This week has been very emotionally and physically tough on us and we both need rest. We know God is our sustainer and giver of all good rest.... so tonight we hold tight to that promise. Thank you again for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment