Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We have somewhat of an answer!!

Holt has been diagnosed with critical aortic valve stenosis.

This, the most serious type of AS, is usually present at birth. Basically it means that his aortic valve is so narrowed that the heart cannot pump enough blood to nourish the body, so immediate intervention is needed. The good news is this is very treatable. The bad news is we have a long road a head of us.
We still don't have a definitive treatment plan, and we don't know what the next step is going to be.

I am to be monitored twice a day to check his heartbeat and make sure I'm not having contractions. I will have monitoring sonograms by a cardiologist on Mondays and Fridays, and a maternal fetal medicine perinatologist will monitor me on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are different things they are checking for to make sure his heart is not under any stress. If they see any signs of stress on him, then we will start talking about delivering early. But his heartbeat is strong and sounds beautiful, and there is no fluid around his heart or lungs. So, now we play the waiting game.

I cannot say thank you enough to all of you who have texted or called to encourage us. We have felt the prayers over our family. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We are truly blessed and have seen, first hand, the body of Christ in action.

I believe that God is hearing our prayers and that this is just a page in this little boy's story. I have been praying that God would use our son in a mighty way and I truly see that the Lord is answering this prayer. I know we have a long road ahead of us, and Holt has a big fight ahead. Please continue to pray that I will stay pregnant as long as I can so he can continue growing. We serve a mighty God who is still in the business of healing and answering prayers. I am so blessed to be able to watch the Lord move in our son's life.

He's got big plans for Holt Ludlow Littlefield.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lauren! My heart hurts when I think of the trials you guys are enduring right now! But you've got it right- God has big plans for you, Josh and Holt! We will be praying for ALL of you! Love!

    ReplyDelete