Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Day at a Time

I know it's been a couple of days since I've written something so I thought I would take adnvantage of the quite morning this morning. Since my last post nothing major has changed. I was suppose to have met with the cardio. surgon on Thursday and his office called and changed it to Friday and then it was changed again to Monday (yesterday). Yesterday came and went and still have not met with him. So maybe today. Of course I will update with how that appointment went when I know how it went. haha! I am still being monitored twice daily for contractions and Holt's heartbeat. I have had multiple doctors tell me his heartbeat looks beautiful on the monitoring strips and that I have a very cooperative baby. It's music to a momma's ears, let's just hope he stays cooperative when he gets older. I had a wonderful weekend with Josh here. He came over on Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday evening. It was very nice for us to be alone and process the events of the past week. I think all week I had been in "survival mode", showing my "tough face". It's a lot on a gal to have multiple echo's and sonograms and then see what seemed to be 1000 doctors and have to come up with questions all at one time. So when Josh came and no doctors were in and out it all sank in. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who will listen to me jump off the deep end and then look at me and say "Lauren, It's all going to be ok. We'll get through this." He knows exactly what to say to make me feel safe and bring me back to reality. Through all this I am learning why we were instructed "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:34) Amen! Daily, different scriptures pop into my head that help me deal with the day. If you don't believe that the word of God is active and relevant for today then you and I need to have a little chat. Lately I have felt like it was written yesterday to help me get through all my today's! I know that's the Lord just walking with me through all of this. A person could go crazy in a situation like this thinking about tomorrow and I'm already pretty crazy enough. So that has been my big lesson of the week. Take it one day at a time. Deal with today as it comes and tomorrow will take care of itself. It's so comforting to know that we serve a God who will take care of our tomorrow's. We just have to get through today. As for this week, I'm here in the hospital by myself. My family had to go back to work, which I completely understand. I had my monotoring sonogram early this morning. Holt still looks great. My instructions from Dr. Weiss was to stay out of trouble, and I told him I'd give it my best shot. Ha! It's nice to have doctors joke with you. It makes me realize the severity of the situation has deflated for now. Sometime this week I am going to be taken on a tour of the NICU, Cardio NICU, and surgical cardio NICU (yes, the surgeon I am suppose to meet with has his very own unit for his surgical patients). So that will be interesting to see all three of those places. And of course my weekly sonograms and echos. To my knowledge I do not have any doctors coming by- execpt for the cardiothoraic surgeon. So I am looking forward to a nice relaxful week! Sometime soon I am going to post pictures of my room and a picture of my sweet boy's sonogram, so you can see who you've been praying for. I just haven't figured out how to get pictures on this thing. But I've got nothing but time for a while, so I'm sure I can figure something out. I cannot say thank you enough for your continued prayers and encouragement for our family! We are truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren
    Good to hear that you are holding up well. We just keep praying that all will turn out well. We have confidence now that things are better and will be better yet. We have our prayer chain going here.
    The Lord's will be done.
    Love you
    Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,

    Hey Mama. I saw your blog on facebook and just stopped by. This is tough. The whole "one phone call from our knees" thing... I can totally relate. We faced some medical trials with my older daughter when she was an infant. A favorite verse of mine was Romans 8:26. I remember turning to it one day looking for some sort of encouragement and I had been in Romans recently and my daughters birthday is August 26th, hence the 8:26, so I flipped there... Anyway... it says, "Likewise the spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." It resonated with me because there were so many times I would be praying for my daughter and I just didn't know the words to say. So after I time, I just started letting my spirit groan and intercede. It helped me. I'll be praying for y'all. Sending love. - Krista

    ReplyDelete